PowerStart 12V Starter Battery – 600CCA
RV7-A engine start – Lycoming IO360 – 5900 cm3 – 360 cubic inches – 200HP
The PowerStart Lithium-Ion 12V Starter Battery is a lightweight Lithium-Ion starter battery. It offers a very high level of power for easy start of internal combustion engine.
PowerStart battery embeds high-performance Lithium Iron Phosphate cells designed to provide extreme discharge current flow.
PowerStart lithium-ion battery has been designed to start engine with size up to 6500cm3 / 400 cubic inches. This cover a very large spectrum of applications (from light motorbike, Quads, Snowmobiles, Jet-ski, up to aeronautical power plants).
This battery has built-in Battery Management System (BMS) for safe and long operation. Unlike other products, this protection circuit is not a simple balancer card : the BMS achieve a full control of battery : high and low voltage monitoring, balancing, over-current, over-temperature, etc.
PowerStart product line is designed to replace 12V lead-acid starter batteries for competition vehicles or high power applications.
The battery is enclosed in a sealed ABS case, resistant to moisture and dust (IP66).
PowerStart battery systems are lightweight, reliable and environmentally-friendly solutions. These batteries can take place as a direct drop-in replacement of old-fashion and low-performance Lead Acid batteries (VRLA, AGM, etc.).
PowerStart product is covered by a 2 years commercial warranty.
- 12V starter battery – Lithium Iron Phosphate (LFP) cells – 16000mAh
- Maximum engine size : 6500 cm3 / 400 cubic inches
- Designed for Van’s aircraft RV6 / RV7 / RV8 family airplanes
- Dimensions : 181mm x 77mm x 167mm
- Weight : 2310g
- CCA (Cold Cranking Amp) : 600A
- Maximum continuous discharge current : 400A
- Maximum pulse current (5s) : 600A
- High lifespan: thousands of cycles (see chart)
- Very low voltage drop
- Ultra safe Lithium Iron Phosphate chemistry (no thermal run-away, no fire or explosion risks)
- Up to 80 % lighter and 70% smaller than conventional Lead-acid battery.
- Maximum safety with advanced Built-in Battery Management System
- Monitoring of cell and PCB temperature, current, voltage, SOC
- No Lead, no heavy metal, no toxic element.
- Calendar life > 10 years.
- Robust design enclosed in a sealed and waterproof case (IP66)
- Operating temperature in charge : 0°C à +60°C
- Operating temperature in discharge: -15°C à +60°C
- 100% Maintenance free
- 2 years commercial warranty